The IPA has developed the following three online courses to provide the information needed to understand Direct Investments and how they can be beneficial in diversifying a client’s portfolio. The online training will help financial advisors, broker dealers, sponsors, support staff and service providers understand Direct Investments, help them explain their benefits to clients, help assess suitability and how to integrate them effectively. The courses are CFP CE approved for 2 hours per course (CPF Board Registered CE Sponsor).
The Association is offering this program at no cost to financial professionals for a limited time.
E-learning Course 3: Investing in Non-Traded REITs
The Investment Program Association (IPA) is excited to announce the launch of E-Learning Course 3: Investing in Non-Traded REITs. This course joins E-Learning Course 1: Fundamental of Direct Investments and E-Learning Course 2: Introduction to Portfolio Construction and Management with Direct Investments to further expand high level, comprehensive education for advisors and support staff in the broker-dealer and sponsor communities.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Confidently articulate the basic components and structure of Non-Traded REITs
- Identify and communicate the prototypical life cycle of Non-Traded REITs
- Leverage Non-Traded REITs while constructing diversified portfolios
- Assess the investing environment for real estate assets
- Analyze the financial considerations of a Non-Traded REIT by performing basic REIT accounting functions
- Understand the taxation of REITs and the investor benefits therein
- Identify the investing risks of REITs and the appropriate considerations for identifying suitable investors
- Probably apply both Non-Traded and Traded REITs in a portfolio
E-learning Course 2: Introduction to Portfolio Construction and Management with Direct Investments.
Providing a comprehensive overview of portfolio management, the course emphasizes diversifying investor portfolios with Direct Investments while also featuring topics related to both the overall portfolio and specific asset classes. Earn 2 CE Credits. This course consists of eight modules:
- Introduction and Course Overview
- The Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Capital Market Expectations (CME)
- Asset Allocation
- Portfolio Implications of DI/AA Investing
- Benchmarking Portfolio Performance
- Monitoring Investment Returns and Portfolio Rebalancing Decisions
- Course Summary and Test
E-learning Course 1: Fundamental of Direct Investments
This introductory course provides a broad overview of the fundamentals of Direct Investments. Earn 2 CE credits. This course consists of eight modules:
- Introduction – Direct Investments
- Real Estate Investment Trusts: Tradable REITs
- Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Equipment Lease and Finance Funds
- Limited Partnerships in Oil and Gas
- Managed Futures Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Ethics and Codes of Conduct